Thursday, March 27, 2008

In case of fire . . .

Last night the fire alarm went off in our building. My husband (Mr. Shark, let's call him) could smell smoke in our bedroom, so we made haste to exit the building. I thought of stuff to grab quickly before we left, and came up with the following list, in this order:

1) Our pet cockatiel
2) My laptop
3) Keys, wallet, cell phone
4) My new extra special knitting project.

I figured, heck, if the building's going to burn down, I might as well have something to do while we watch, yes? Shows you where my priorities are.

It might be easier to understand just why it occurred to me to bring grab my knitting while we were evacuating if I show you a little teaser of what I'm currently working on.



This little beauty is knit up from Manos silk blend (the yellow, 70% wool, 30% silk) and Malabrigo silky wool (the purple, 50/50 wool/silk). It is absolutely scrumptious. Stay tuned for more pictures and details . . .

p.s. - our building did not burn down. yay! the culprit was a dumpster fire (!) next to our building.

1 comment:

Milasha said...

Senior dating with SofiaDate is as fun as when you were a teeanger. Members here are looking for serious relationship, and you can read about a partner lady wants to meet in the profile. I like this section very much it helped me to see whether I correspond my favorite lady’s demands. https://www.sofiadate.com/slavic-women-dating