Sunday, June 10, 2007

Fabric on the Brain

polyester(?) satin

I'm totally swamped with work right now, so I've had little time to do any sewing. But, I have been thinking a lot about fabric and patterns. The little beauty at the beginning of the post is uppermost in my mind right now. It's sitting in the corner of our apartment, all ready to cut, taunting me. I think I'll finally get around to cutting out the pattern pieces for it this afternoon, when my sewing pal Mimi comes over.

The fabric is destined to become Vogue 8229:

Vogue 8229

Sleeveless version, sans ruffle. I'm so excited about this pattern . . . now I just need to find the time to make it up!

1 comment:

S.A. knitter said...

Ohh hounds tooth! Stunning. I think it's a good fit for that pattern, neato! You really like retro-y dresses, dont you?